Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Final countdown - Vicenza, Italy

Ciao you wonderful people!

The biggest and brightest moment as of now is FATIMA IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!! IN 10 DAYS! And we are so excited!! Last Friday we went to her house and we came in and she said "girls. Girls. God gave me my answer." and she said she had been reading the Bible and knew that God wanted her to do this! 

Although we have been doing more with our English class and working with some other people, most of our time and efforts are being put into Fatima and her baptism which is in just 10 days!! Sufficeth to say, we are very, very excited. Yesterday we went and talked a little about the Word of Wisdom lesson and that went well (when we told her no coffee she just kind of shrugged her shoulders and was like "that's ok. I like chocolate milk."), and we are visiting her in the little town where she lives called Thiene twice more before the week is over. She's such a sweetheart and we're grateful to get to see her so often. She requested a D+C when we went to her house yesterday also, and I'm excited to show it to her. I've been thinking a lot about my wonderful Doctrine and Covenants studies with Grandad when I was in high school, and I love that I get to share some of my favorite sections with her now.

I hope everyone had a fun Halloween! We volunteered at a Christian community trunk or treat where different churches came and gave out candy with a linked gospel message. Odd...but it was fun! The senior couple in Vicenza and Sorella Tullis and I helped set up 10 commandments display to the back of their tiny car and it was a blast.

Love you all! Thank you for your prayers for Fatima! Go drink some chocolate milk in celebration! 
Love, 
Sorella McConkie 

Pictures include: Cute Fatima, the train station in Thiene where we basically live now, reading with Chidera and her family, trunk or treat candy, breadmaking, and enjoying fall! 

Cute Fatima

Cute Fatima


reading with Chidera and her family

reading with Chidera and her family

train station in Thiene

trunk or treat candy

enjoying fall - Sorella Tullis & Sorella McConkie

breadmaking

No comments:

Post a Comment