Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Transfers! - Vicenza, Italy

Hello Everyone!

I hope that everyone had a happy Thanksgiving and is getting excited for Christmas! We got transfer calls last week and I found out that I will be staying in Vicenza this next transfer for Christmas and new years and I'm happy I'll be in a place I know with members that I already love. My companion swap out occurs tomorrow, and I'm going to miss lovely Sorella Tullis so much! This whole week has been me soaking in every minute I have with her. She's taught me so much in these 12 weeks but I'm excited for her to see her family in Utah! Anyway, my new companions name is Sorella Hoareau, and she's from Paris! I'm excited to get to know her and work with her this transfer.

A high point of this week was going to a mission conference in Modena. We had Gary Sabin from the 70 come and talk to us. He talked a lot about the promises we make to God and the promises he makes to us in return. It was so nice to have a day of pure spiritual recharge, and I walked out the door feeling like, "yeah! I can do this! Let's go talk to people!"

It was also fun to see some people from my MTC group again. I think I understand better now why our Czech Slovak missionaries always felt so tight with their MTC groups, even after their missions. It's just a small part of your mission, but you just bond so fast and from then on, they're your people! 





Other than that, all is well here in Italy. Fatima is still a wonderful member of our ward and she bawled saying goodbye to Sorella Tullis yesterday. It just about broke my heart.  

We're on a train currently to visit Venice again and I'll send more photos next week:) Happy almost December and I love you all! 

Con amore, 

Sorella McConkie 

No comments:

Post a Comment