Wednesday, April 4, 2018

God Directs Our Paths - Lampugnano, Milan, Italy

Buongiorno!!!

Happy Wednesday from Milano! This week has been rainy but happy as we've approached transfer season once again. My greenie and I will be staying together for another transfer! Yay! We are so excited to keep working and growing together. We are also having 3 new elders come into the city making a total of 8 people in our district. Whoa.

We had a lot of experiences this week which helped me to see God's hand in our work. On Friday we had a lunch appointment with a member family, and for some reason my 3 months of directional reasoning and knowledge about this city flew out the window as I got Sorella Pearson and myself so lost again and again on public transport. I was momentarily frustrated as we finally got to the bus station we needed to be at and to see the bus roll away seconds before we ran up and had to wait 30 minutes for the next one. As we were looking at the bus schedule, a woman comes up and sees our tags and starts up a conversation. We talked to her while waiting for the bus and a little more on the bus ride, and ended up giving her a Book of Mormon and explaining a little bit about it. It was a simple experience but it helped me to realize how much God needs us to calm down sometimes and realize that he is putting us where we need to be. It helped me to feel less stressed about circumstances I can't control and more grateful that God is directing my paths so much at this stage in my life:) even if we were an hour and a half late for lunch.

I also adored conference so much. We haven't been able to watch all of it yet, but I wanted to echo the message given by president Nelson and just say how crucial it is to receive our own personal revelation in these latter days. We can't really survive spiritually without it. I loved his talk and also the talk by Elder Wilson, and how the topics of prayer and revelation perfectly coincided with each other.

I love you all and have the happiest week!

Con amore,
Sorella McConkie


Last week when Sorella Stolk came up for her visa
work and I got to have 3 of my comps in once place!! 


Sorella Pearsons Easter/conference cinnamon rolls. So tasty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment