Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Roller Coaster Adventure Called a Mission - Lampugnano, Milan, Italy

Friends! Fam! I miei cari! 

Happiest of Wednesday's to you all. I hope that everyone is having a lovely lovely day! This week has gone by pretty quickly and here are some highlights: 

1. I got to go back to Vicenza to finish up my visa work! It was so much fun to see people and walk around my old city. We got to the vicenza apartment late Wednesday night and our downstairs neighbor comes out of her door and sees me and says "SORELLA!!!" And I ran up and she gave me a big bear hug and a big fat kiss on the cheek. I got to go inside and talk with her for a minute and I felt so overjoyed that this woman who I thought hated me at the beginning of my mission was actually just going through a hard time and I got to love her and know her over my months of being there. She's the sweetest.  

2. The Anziani in our district had a baptism! We helped them get ready for it this week and we were so happy to welcome Milad into our ward. 

3. We visted again our little investigator boys Jacinto and Andy on Friday, and I've come to adore this family so much. We tried extending a baptismal date to them last transfer, and their mom said no. However, we decided that we are going to try again. So with a lot of a prayer and a lot of preparation, we are going to try again a week and a half from now to convince the mom that her son's are ready and amazing and that baptism is a wonderful thing:) 

I love you all so much! This mission has been so good to me and I am learning so much each day. I am grateful for my Father in Heaven for giving me the investigators I've taught, the companions I've had, the members I've worked with and the cities I've served in, and I'm oh so excited to see what else there is waiting for me on this roller coaster adventure called a mission. 

Have a gorgeous day!

Con amore, 
Sorella McConkie 

Favourite scripture from this week: Alma 5:26 ❤



No comments:

Post a Comment