Wednesday, July 4, 2018

It's fun to stay at the YMCA πŸŒ·πŸ’• - Bergamo, Italy

Ciao and happy fourth of July! 

Out of the past 6 July 4ths only a third of those have been spent on actually American soil, but I am so grateful and happy to report that this 4th of July here in cute Bergamo has been a good one. This whole week was full of a lot of blessings, big and small. 

My new companions name is Sorella Ashcraft and she is so incredibly darling!! One of the smartest people I have ever met and has an enthusiasm for this work like I've never seen before. She is in her third transfer and just got done being with her trainer:) She and I spent a lot of time this week getting to know each other and the people here in the ward. It was hard leaving Torino after just 6 weeks but the people here seem to be lovely as well. We have some impressive investigators including one preparing to be baptized in August! Yay! 

Bergamo itself is gorgeous, and we went tracting and street contacting lots this week through the mountain villages and cobblestone lined streets. Going from two concrete jungles to this green mountain paradise has been a happy change:) 

One of our highlights this week included an Italian/South American wedding held in the chapel that we helped with!! They sure know how to throw a fiesta. πŸŽ‰ Shat makes a real party is Italian members hiring a DJ to blast music from the building and seeing them sing along to the YMCA song at the top of their lungs. 

They also have an amazing English class here in Bergamo, and it's actually the biggest student group I've seen here. I LOVE teaching these free English classes. We taught twice this week, and for one lesson I got to teach a class of base students how to sing the elementary school tune of "January, Februrary, Ma-arch, April..." 

All in all, it's been a good week. There have been moments of tears for leaving Torino and the people there I loved, but I'm grateful for the laughter and spiritual highs that have compensated. If I had to give anyone advice this week on how to strengthen their faith, I would encourage them to always rely on the gift of compensation and that God recompenses us for our righteous sacrifices. 

I love you all TONS ❤

Love always, 
Sorella McConkie




Sorella McConkie and Sorella Ashcraft

No comments:

Post a Comment