Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Week 2 as a mamma

Buongiorno tutti!! 

This week has been one for the books. My cutest greenie Sorella Pearson is doing so well!!! We had a lot of adventures happen this week and I'm learning so much from her and from the members here. 

We are currently on a train back from our pday right now, we went to visit this little town by a lake in our zone and it was beautiful! Pictures to be attached. 

One of my highlights from this week was doing exchanges with our sister training leaders in a different part of Milano. I got to walk around with another sorella and give out books of Mormon, visit a darling member couple, and visit a woman in the hospital. I didn't expect coming on my mission how many times I would go into little Italian hospitals or rest homes to visit people. Often, they are the loneliest and need the most love and support. The woman that we visited has been a member for many years, and we just sat and talked for 30 minutes and shared some of our favourite scriptures together. I shared this one in mosiah:

41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

The first part of this scripture is my fav. In an email from my mission president this week, he mentioned how it is important to always remember "we cannot achieve perfection without learning to feel joy and to enjoy being happy,". I thought about this as we talked with this old Peruvian woman and more throughout my week, about how reflective it is of God's divine influence when we see people who are striving to be HAPPY. no matter the circumstance, I find that it is often an indicator of those who are trying to learn, listen to God, and love others:) 

LOVE to you all!!

Sorella McConkie






No comments:

Post a Comment