Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Un anno ☝️ - Bergamo, Italy

Ciao everyone! 

Can anyone else believe that we are almost done with July?? A YEAR ago tomorrow I entered the MTC for the first time!! It's been a year of wearing skirts and walking lots and loving Italian people and this beautiful culture with my whole heart. I LOVE THIS PLACE. 

This week I've been thinking a lot about the promptings of the spirit. We had a lesson with one of our investigators and his wife who is member and she said something that was really impactful to me. She said that the times when the spirit has spoken to her most in her life are times when it would be easiest to pass off as coincidence. 

This week as a companionship, Sorella Ashcraft and I decided to work on humility together. It has pushed me to see "coincidences" as this woman said not just as such, but as real manifestations of God's love and power and the answers that he gives us everyday to our sincere questions. 

I got a lot of simple, quiet answers to a lot of questions and prayers this week and I was SO grateful. Our week started off wonderfully with a family on the street from El Salvador, and we taught them on Saturday and they want to learn more!! It truly was a miracle to have them just walk up to us and we are grateful for the opportunity to teach someone new in this time of year when so many people are deciding to leave for summer. 

Vi vvoglio bene and happy week! 

Love, 
Sorella McConkie 

A Skype lesson with our investigator {P} and the sorelle in Milano
where she is moving (#ilovetechnology)

Me and Sorella Ashcraft

This may be the best photo I've taken of my entire mission.
All 3 sets of senior couples that I've served in districts with came to
Bergamo to visit and it has been THE BEST PDAY EVER

No comments:

Post a Comment