Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Transfersssss - Bergamo, Italy

Buongiorno!! 

What a week it has been. All of our time and energy was spent into pouring love and confidence into {F} as she prepared for her baptism on Saturday. We spent Thursday and Friday going to Verona for scambio with our stl's, and then ran home after that to meet with her one last time to figure out clothes and share with her the "Because of Him" video to serve as a reminder that at the center of all we do is Jesus Christ and the Atonement. 

Saturday itself was very busy, and we were stressed about the fact that no one, not even our bishop who was supposed to baptized her, had come to the church within minutes of the meeting starting. But right at the last second multiple families and friends walked in and we had a nice little crowd help participate in {F}'s baptism! 

The last thing of significance is that (drumroll please) we had transfer calls once again and I will be leaving beautiful Bergamo to go to a city called Pordenone. And I'm very excited because I will be going back to my very first zone in the mission! I get to go back to Venice and see a lot of people dear to my heart in that little zone. Transfers always tend to rip my heart out though to some extent or another, and the past couple days I've been trying to stay positive and remember that change is normal. In the mission life or not. 

I love you all tons and tons. Buona settimana! 

Love, Sorella McConkie Love, Sorella McConkie 



visiting Bishop Locatelli and his wife

Gorgeous food spread from members house
where we went to dinner last week.

{F}'s baptism

{F}'s baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment